Water-Jel Fire Blankets are a one-step system for emergency first aid on a burn victim. The blanket puts out the fire, stops burn progression and cools the skin, relieves pain and protects the burn area from contamination.
Water-Jel Fire Blankets consist of a scientifically formulated cooling gel and a special carrier. The 100% worsted wool blanket with intercellular weave can absorb up to 13 times its own weight. The blanket is soaked in a water-based / water-soluble, bacteriostatic and biodegradable gel. Can be placed directly over clothing and won’t stick to burn injuries. Shelf life: 5 years from date of manufacture.
- The smallest and most versatile of the fire blankets.
- Can be used to extinguish flames and smoldering clothes or dangerous white phosphorous.
- Ideal for covering torso, leg or entire back injuries.
- Conveniently packaged in a flat, durable foil pouch for use in first aid kits, EMS jump bags and medical clinics.
- Directions for use clearly defined on pouch. Shelf life: 5 years from date of manufacture.