Sharpsafe Protected Access range for additional security from needlestick injury.
The Protected Access range is designed and intended primarily for use in public access areas such as A&E and outpatients, and anywhere children may be present.
The Protected Access range permits easy and safe disposal of sharps via an integral, barrel shaped rotating aperture, which ensures fingers and small hands are prevented from entering the container, providing added security for the user, patients and members of the public.
The unique closure also ensures only appropriate sized sharps can be placed into the container, discouraging the use of sharps containers for non-sharps waste, avoiding unnecessary waste disposal costs.
What is Sharpsafe SMS?
New Sharpsafe SMS™ – is a Sharps Management System incorporating practice methodology designed to deliver safe management of sharps in accordance with HTM 07-01 Safe Management of Healthcare Waste and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
Some reasons why Sharpsafe is Europe’s favourite sharps disposal container.
- Innovative products, services and the highest quality standards.
- Range available from 0.2 litre to 30 litre, plus specialist clinical containers.
- The only sharps containment system to incorporate translucent lids, protected access, UN approved leakproof containers and point of use disposal™ (NPSD™).
- Specimen transport bags designed for community healthcare workers in accordance with UN3373.
- All containers conform to BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and BS EN ISO 14001.
- The first to be awarded NF-X-30-500, the most rigorous European standard for resistance to penetration and impact.
- Complies with HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste Guidelines oblige NHS Trusts to segregate clinical waste into specific colour coded waste streams, according to the nature of the waste:
– Sharps for incineration or alternative treatment. Marked “Fully Discharged Sharps” the inscription and ‘tick’ indicate this coloured lid container is for use with sharps not containing prescription only medicines (or POMs).
– Infectious sharps for incineration only. Marked with “Medicinal Sharps”, the inscription and ‘tick’ indicate this coloured lid container will be for general use, including sharps containing medicinal residue. Yellow is also the default colour which all existing ‘general’ sharps containers will revert to initially until a segregated system in accordance with HTM-07-01 is implemented.
– Marked with “Cyto Sharps”, the inscription and ‘tick’ indicate this coloured lid container will be for use with sharps contaminated with cytotoxic and/or cytostatic medicines.
- Sharpsafe® Pharma waste containers are available with labels designating “Solid Pharmaceutical Waste”. These containers comply with UN 3249 as shown within the in-mould label.