What is Sharpsafe SMS?
New Sharpsafe SMS™ – is a Sharps Management System incorporating practice methodology designed to deliver safe management of sharps in accordance with HTM 07-01 Safe Management of Healthcare Waste and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
Some reasons why Sharpsafe is Europe’s favourite sharps disposal container.
- Innovative products, services and the highest quality standards.
- Range available from 0.2 litre to 30 litre, plus specialist clinical containers.
- The only sharps containment system to incorporate translucent lids, protected access, UN approved leakproof containers and point of use disposal™ (NPSD™).
- Specimen transport bags designed for community healthcare workers in accordance with UN3373.
- All containers conform to BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and BS EN ISO 14001.
- The first to be awarded NF-X-30-500, the most rigorous European standard for resistance to penetration and impact.
- Complies with HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste Guidelines oblige NHS Trusts to segregate clinical waste into specific colour coded waste streams, according to the nature of the waste:
Sharpsafe Non-Medicinal Sharps Container [Orange]
– Sharps for incineration or alternative treatment. Marked “Fully Discharged Sharps” the inscription and ‘tick’ indicate this coloured lid container is for use with sharps not containing prescription only medicines (or POMs).