FAST1® Infusion System Training Kit refill.
Intraosseous Infusion System
When resuscitation is in progress, the ability to deliver fluid and medication—quickly and effectively—can be essential. Normal peripheral intravenous (IV) access is the traditional choice, yet IV access times and the ability to start an IV can vary greatly depending on the responder, the environment, and the situation. And if a patient is in hypovolemic shock or cardiac arrest, the challenge of starting an IV grows that much greater. Intraosseous (IO) infusion can offer a critical alternative.
The FAST1® Intraosseous Infusion System from Pyng is the first FDA-cleared IO system designed specifically for use in the sternum during adult and adolescent emergency intervention. When normal peripheral intravenous access fails, FAST1® helps emergency care providers—in a hospital or during pre-hospital response—quickly establish vascular access and administer emergency fluids and medications safely and effectively through the bone marrow of the manubrium. FAST1® is safe to use in patients 12 years of age and older and can be used during CPR when a cervical spine collar is in place.
Any fluids or medications that can be administered by the IV route also can be administered by IO. As an accepted standard of care and treatment modality, IO infusion is endorsed by the American Heart Association, Advanced Trauma Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support courses, as well as the European Resuscitation Council. IO is also taught as part of military medicine training and Tactical Combat Casualty Care guidelines.
- Direct: Quickest route to the heart of any IO access device and peripheral IV
- Fast: Delivers medication two to three times faster than tibial IO
- Precise: Exact placement every time
- Safe: Automatic depth control for safe delivery above the lungs and heart
- Easy: Simple to use
- Sterile: Single-use, disposable product with no risk of cross-contamination
- Flexible: Soft, low-profile, secure tubing
- Sleek: Lightweight design allows portability in medic packs