The need for a lightweight, compact, self heating casualty blanket has finally been met. Years of experience in manufacturing survival products have shaped the development of the new Blizzard Heat™ Blanket.
Since its launch in August 2008 the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket has been honoured by the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Magazine as the Top Innovation Award 2008.
Having already received thousands of orders from international military users the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket is the only trauma casualty care system in the world to combine the benefits of Blizzard’s revolutionary Reflexcell™ insulating material with self-heating pads. Therefore eliminating the need for a power supply and allowing medical attention to be administered quickly and efficiently.
Blizzard Heat™ Blanket FAQ
- How many heat pads does the blanket have?
- How do you activate the pads?
- How long does it take for the heat pads to activate?
- How long do the heat pads generate heat for?
- Are the heat pads detachable?
- Are the heat pads reusable?
- What sizes are the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket’s available in?
- What are the dimensions of the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket when it is vacuum packed?
- What is the weight of the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
- How versatile is the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
- How can a patient be treated whilst wrapped inside the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
1. How many heat pads does the blanket have?
Each blanket contains 4 heat pads; two for the patient’s upper trunk and two for the lower trunk.
2. How do you activate the pads?
The pads are activated upon exposure to oxygen, so all you need to do is remove the blanket from its vacuum packed poly-bag.
3. How long does it take for the heat pads to activate?
Approximately five to twenty minutes.
4. How long do the heat pads generate heat for?
Up to 24 hours.
5. Are the heat pads detachable?
Yes, the four Velcro backed heat pads attach to the inside of the blanket where they can be detached and used wherever they are appropriately needed.
6. Are the heat pads reusable?
Once the heat pads supplied in the blanket have cooled, they cannot be reheated, therefore they are not reusable. However, it is possible to purchase heat pads separately with Velcro attachments to be replaced within a heat blanket.
7. What sizes are the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket’s available in?
The blanket accommodates all patient sizes, therefore one size fits all.
8. What are the dimensions of the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket when it is vacuum packed?
Approximately; 30cm long, 23cm wide and 8cm deep. The Blizzard Heat™ Blanket is double vacuum packed to reduce the possibility of accidently activating the heat pads.
9. What is the weight of the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
10. How versatile is the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
Very, the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket can serve as a bag or tube also.
By fastening the Velcro seals and pulling the draw strings tightly at the top and bottom it becomes a bag. And by fastening the Velcro seals and leaving the top and bottom of the bag open it can be used as a tube.
11. How can a patient be treated whilst wrapped inside the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket?
Whilst wrapped in the Blizzard Heat™ Blanket a casualty is easily accessible via Velcro seals which run centrally and either side of the patient, three access points in total. For example medication can be administered to a patient without exposing them to extreme heat loss, as the Velcro can be opened to access the affected area alone.